Tasks & Responsibilities
As a senior Innovation Consultant, you will be in the lead for the full range of PNO services, including the conceptualisation of new innovative EU grant applications stemming from the participation in EU funded projects where you will be leading activities related to stakeholders, market and business analysis and workshop organisations, and commercial consulting. Typical tasks include:
- Business development where you will be spotting opportunities with partners from the value chain for the generation of new innovative projects;
- Writing of EU grant proposals while conceptualising, visualising and challenging the project ideas and ensuring high quality proposals
- A leading role within EU funded projects from starting up to the realisation of official deliverables;
- As such you will develop the project planning, market and stakeholder analysis, workshops organisation, business plan formulation and exploitation (and/ or replication) strategy planning;
- Execution of high-end innovation consulting services on a senior level, especially for European Institutions, Technology Platforms, Sector Organisations and large corporate clients;
- Expanding your network with potentially interesting partners;
- Keeping yourself updated on the most important developments within your area of expertise and a coaching role towards the junior consultants in our team
As a truly European company, the PNO Group is dedicated to contributing to the challenges of our society. We offer extensive expertise in crucial sectors such as energy, environment & mobility, bio, food & agro, life sciences & health, ICT, chemistry and education.
We advise and engage in innovation processes, enabled by national and European public funding. We work in networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations.
We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, with a large clients’ portfolio and proprietary open Innovation instruments (i.e. www.innovationplace.eu), to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
- You have a (technical) master’s degree or PhD (e.g. chemistry, material sciences, engineering etc.) preferably with focus on emerging energy topics such as batteries, hydrogen or other renewable energies;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in grant writing with track record on successful EU funding proposals developed by you, and experience in business analysis, such as development of business plans, economical analysis, LCA, LCC, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, organizational capabilities, proactive and attention to details;
- Eager to capitalise on your scientific and technological experience and quickly move to the innovation management field where you will manage large consortia and discuss technologies and business matters, and translate this into new project concepts and ideas.
- Capable to work on deadlines and multitask;
- You like to build a strong network;
- Excellent writing, communication and editorial skills in English;
- Creativity and a good dose of humour;
- A senior and flexible team player willing to transfer your knowledge to your colleagues;
- Coaching skills.
- Personal impact on a sustainable future for our planet
- Room for independence and entrepreneurship,
- competitive remuneration package
- fringe benefits and a company car
- personal development through training and coaching.
- Visibility with different bodies of the European Commission
- hybrid working model, Zaventem (Brussels area) and partly from home office.
- Travel occasionally within Europe.
For more information you can contact Nader Akil via Nader.Akil@PNOconsultants.com