ACHIEF will help in the implementation of the future Energy Intensive Industrial sector: more efficient and sustainable than the actual one.
How will ACHIEF work?
From theoretical parameters and requirements, a novel Integrated Artificial Intelligence aided Materials Toolbox will propose innovative and adapted high performance materials and protective coatings.
First, the virtually designed materials will be developed at small scale in laboratories. The specific partners will find optimum process parameters and will do a selection of the most efficient solutions among those proposed by the artificial intelligence.
Within ACHIEF we have the ambition to produce four types new materials:
- WPDC coatings with improved high temperature corrosion and erosion resistance.
- Advanced Cr-steels grade with 15% improved creep resistance and higher temperature corrosion resistance.
- Innovative high temperature and creep resistance materials based on HESAs models
- High performance coatings based on HEA-nanocomposites.
ACHIEF | Coordinator and partner
- Coordinator: CEA is the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives).
- Located in the Northwest of Spain, AIMEN Technology Centre is a highly professionalized organization with over 240 employees specialized in Materials Science, Process Engineering, Automation, and Laser Processing.
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd is a state owned and controlled non-profit limited liability company established by law. It operates under the ownership steering of the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy.
- TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION is a private, independent, non-profit applied research center of international excellence. Legally a Foundation, Tecnalia is the leading private and independent research and technology organization in Spain and one of the largest in Europe.
- Constellium is a global leader designing and manufacturing innovative and high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a broad range of applications dedicated primarily to aerospace, automotive and packaging markets.
- ArcelorMittal Sestao is part of ArcelorMittal Group. It is the leader in all major global steel markets, including automotive, constructions, household appliances and packaging, with leading R&D and technology, as well as sizeable captive supplies of raw materials and outstanding distribution networks.
- With more than 120 years of expertise in the field, and with international presence, Tubos Reunidos, sited in Amurrio, in Spain, is the global leader in the industrial manufacture of hot-rolled and cold-drawn seamless carbon and alloy steel tubes up to 13% Cr., for oil and gas, chemical and petrochemical, power generation, heat transfer, automotive, mechanical and construction industries.
- Seamthesis is a privately-owned R&D and Competence Center as well as Research and Technology Organization (RTO) and Innovative SME. Based in Italy, Seamthesis is highly specialized in metallic and non-metallic materials, fabrication processes and production technology, advanced characterization and performance assessment of products and systems, advanced modelling and complex simulation (AI-related, material-related) of processes and products.
- Operating four oil refineries with a total of 30 million tons annual crude oil processing capacity, Tüpraş is the first producer in Turkey’s refining sector and largest industrial enterprise of the country.
- PNO Innovation is specialized in Innovation Management and funding, providing support services to private and public organizations in Innovation processes, Technology Transfer, IT solutions and funding for research, development and innovation.
- Loptek GmbH has been experienced in fiber optic assemblies and sensor development for 28 years. Loptek offers a wide range of fiber optic products. This includes besides classic fiber optic products such as light guides, cross-section converters, vacuum feedthroughs, medical probes and fiber optic sensors for temperature and strain measurement.
Would you like to find out more about the ACHIEF project? Are you interested in EU funding? Would you like to join an EU project or initiate your own project? Get in touch with our EU funding and innovation experts.
ACHIEF has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 858374.