Overview of the SCRREEN project
The SCRREEN project (Solution for Critical Raw Materials – a European Expert Network) will form a network to manage the sustainable supply of, and policy issues related to, the EU’s potential primary and secondary resources of critical materials. Primary resources refer to geological mineral resource and metal potential. Secondary resources refer to recycling and recovery of metal potential in waste, such as scrap and mine tailings.
Objectives of the project: improving sustainable access to critical raw materials
- The project will establish an EU Expert Network that covers the whole value chain for present and future critical raw materials.
- The project will analyse pathways and barriers for innovation. It will also identify the solutions for overcoming these barriers.
- The project will study the regulatory, policy and economic framework for the development of technology breakthroughs.
- The knowledge gained over the last few years will be identified, and access to these data will be made easier available.
Our involvement in the SCRREEN project
- We organise the strategic expert workshops to enable the gathering of feedback and inputs to support the activities of the technical work packages (WPs). The workshops will also serve as a mechanism to update experts on the project progress, and to endorse the findings from the WPs.
- We identify stakeholders and CRM related projects for clustering activities, where knowledge and best practices will be shared between projects, and recommendations for future CRM related topics will be developed.
Stay informed through the SCRREEN project Twitter feed.