PNO Consultants is a professional pan-European consulting organization in the field of innovation and grants, with a strong focus on enabling and exploiting European innovation networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations. We offer advice and actively engage in innovation processes enabled by national and European public funding, targeting multiple sectors, from ICT, electronics, aeronautics and transport, to energy, environment, chemistry, biotech and health. We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, their large clients’ portfolio and proprietary Open Innovation instruments (i.e. www.innovationplace.eu), to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
You will work with colleagues throughout Europe, within EU funded projects and with clients from a range of sectors including leading FTSE 100 organisations through to Innovative SME’s and leading academic institutions. Based at our Brussels-EU office, a unit funded in 2014 to complement our national offices around Europe, you will be part of an entrepreneurial European company and with your work contribute to PNO engagement with European research and innovation networks, supporting the development of our position at the centre of the latest EU developments, fostering the acknowledgment of PNO as a key player and valuable stakeholder by EU Institutions and other relevant organisations in the Brussels networks, and contribute to develop and deliver top quality services to our clients.
To strengthen our open innovation consultancy activities, we are looking for an experienced (at least 3 – 5 years experience) and highly motivated colleague with a drive to make deliver high quality while enabling our network to grow. Our interest goes out to self-starters that can leverage on a healthy mixture of science education and business experience in their sector of interest.
- Employer: PNO Consultants Brussels-EU office;
- Place of Work: Brussels, occasional travels within the EU;
- Job title: Consultant, sector specialist
- Experience: 3 to 5 years relevant working experience
- Salary and Benefits: Competitive, based on experience;
- Term of contract: 1 year, with serious outlook to permanent position.
- Sectors of interest (choose one):
- Agribusiness & Bioeconomy (including biomass, food and agro)
- Circular Economy (including Critical Raw Materials, Process Industry, Recycling)
- Environment (including Energy, Environment, Water)
- ICT (including software, hardware, photonics, security)
- Life Science (including life science, health, biotech, pharma, med-tech)
- Transport (including mobility, logistics, aerospace)
- Scientific or Engineering university degree, preferably related to the sectors listed above (scientific focus in combination with business degree is an asset)
- Excellent English written and oral skills; experience in a position involving the drawing up of reports/documents. Other languages not required
- Experience in (research) projects or (production) processes management
- Demonstrated business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking
- Some experience in external funding, preferably with European Framework Programmes (eg: Horizon 2020), or drawing up of technical and market reports
- Insight and knowledge in market analyses, business planning, private finance, intellectual property (having contributed to drafting a business plan is an asset)
- Availability to travel within the country and in Europe at short notice if required
- Availability to live and work in Brussels from day 1 (location Brussels, travel in Europe)
- Experience with strategy consulting for industrial clients would be considered a plus
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Attention to details
As Consultant, you will be involved in the full range of our PNO business unit services, including Grant Application, Project Participation and Commercial Consulting. Typical tasks include:
- Grant Application (GA): support to Senior Consultants in writing EU project proposals (eg: Horizon 2020, LIFE), including scientific excellence, societal impact and project implementation, budget, deliverables and planning. Conceptualisation, visualisation and iterative challenging of the project ideas;
- Project Participation (PP): support to Senior Consultants in the implementation of tasks within EU funded projects, with attention to starting up and realisation of official deliverables. Typical activities include: market analysis, stakeholder analysis, workshops organisation, business plan formulation, exploitation and replication strategies planning;
- Commercial Consulting (CC): occasional support to Senior Consultants in the execution of our high-end innovation consulting (management consulting) services, especially for European Institutions, Technology Platforms, Sector Organisations and large corporate clients.
While, as Consultant we expect you to hit the ground running in the above tasks, we are looking forward to work together to support and jointly develop long term and broad your business network for the benefit of the firm and your professional growth, in line with PNO values and needs.
Offer and contacts:
We offer you variety in challenges and excellent prospects with a fast-growing business where your efforts will be appreciated and rewarded. Our offer includes:
- A professional consulting organization with dynamic and challenging environment;
- An international working environment and extensive high-end client portfolio;
- A competitive remuneration package with growth potential based on measurable commitment, results and experience.
If this sounds interesting to you, we are keen to talk to you. You may send your Curriculum Vitae and accompanying motivation letter to: HR-Brussels@pnoconsultants.com.
Please, keep the following format for email subject:
- PNOi-2018-CO-<sector of interest>-Name-Surname
Incomplete or wrongly filed applications will be disregarded.