Vacancy EU Project Assistant
PNO Consultants is a professional pan-European consulting organization in the field of innovation and grants, with a strong focus on enabling and exploiting European innovation networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations. We offer advice and actively engage in innovation processes enabled by national and European public funding, targeting multiple sectors, from ICT, electronics, aeronautics and transport, to energy, environment, chemistry, biotech and health. We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, their large clients’ portfolio and proprietary Open Innovation instruments (i.e. www.innovationplace.eu), to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
You will work with colleagues throughout Europe, within EU funded projects and with clients from a range of sectors including leading FTSE 100 organisations through to Innovative SME’s and leading academic institutions. Based at our Brussels-EU office, a unit funded in 2014 to complement our national offices around Europe, you will be part of an entrepreneurial European company and with your work contribute to PNO engagement with European research and innovation networks, supporting the development of our position at the centre of the latest EU developments, fostering the acknowledgment of PNO as a key player and valuable stakeholder by EU Institutions and other relevant organisations in the Brussels networks, and contribute to develop and deliver top quality services to our clients.
To strengthen our Brussels-EU team within our growing business, we are looking for recent graduates who seek to start up their career within the EU funding and open innovation ecosystem. We expect you to focus strongly on improving your professional skills while delivering positive impact to the unit in both big and small tasks.
- Organisation: PNO Consultants Brussels-EU office
- Term of contract: 3 months, possibly extended to 6 (merit and contingency based)
- Sectors of interest (choose one):
- Agribusiness & Bioeconomy (including biomass, food and agro)
- Circular Economy (including Critical Raw Materials, Process Industry, Recycling)
- Environment (including Energy, Environment, Water)
- ICT (including software, hardware, photonics, security)
- Life Science (including life science, health, biotech, pharma, med-tech)
- Transport (including mobility, logistics, aerospace)
- Scientific or Engineering university degree, preferably related to the sectors listed above (Scientific focus in combination with business degree is an asset)
- Excellent English written and oral skills; experience in a position involving the drawing up of reports/documents. Other languages not required
- Availability to live in Brussels from day 1
- Some experience in external funding, preferably with European Framework Programmes (eg: Horizon 2020), or drawing up of technical and market reports
- Insight in market analyses, business planning, private finance, intellectual property;
The ideal candidate is:
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Attention to details
As EU Project Assistant, you will be involved in a significant part of our PNO business unit activities, including support in delivering innovation services and support in preparatory work for setting up successful EU funding bids. The professionalisation path will mostly be based on a “learning by doing” approach in close collaboration with our Junior and Senior Consultants. Support to consultants and managers in “keeping the machine running”, including premises management, ICT and admin, business meeting and events organisation is also foreseen.
If this sounds interesting to you, we are keen to talk to you. You may send your Curriculum Vitae and accompanying motivation letter to: HR-Brussels@pnoconsultants.com.
Please, keep the following format for email subject:
- PNOi-2018-PA-<sector of interest>-Name-Surname
Incomplete or wrongly filed applications will be disregarded.