Competition closes: Wednesday 5 May 2021 11:00am
Interview panel: Week commencing 5 July 2021
Applicants notified: 13 August 2021
Project start date & duration: 1 November 2021 and lasting between 18 and 42 months
Projects must demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies, (including material, product and manufacturing processes) for on or off-road vehicles.
- Accelerate the development of technologies capable of low and zero tailpipe emissions, considering their associated ‘cradle to grave’ supply chains, up to and including end of life.
- Demonstrate a significant reduction in carbon dioxide emissions leading to air quality improvements.
- alternative propulsion systems
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- thermal propulsion systems that deliver substantial improvements
- significant reduction in vehicle development timescales
- digitisation for development of low carbon vehicle innovation
Projects that will not be funded
- are dependent on export performance or domestic inputs usage.
- focus only on the development of clean fuels.
- Subsidy Control and State aid funding rules apply.
- Projects must be a minimum of 50% match funded
- Projects must be collaborative. The lead organisation must be UK registered business of any size
- Projects must involve at least one SME and a vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier who supplies parts directly to an original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Total eligible project costs between £5M and £40M (£25M pot).
- A 3.5% levy is payable to the APC by all partners on grant received.
Project maturity (up to but not including commercialisation)
Industrial Research (TRL3-5)
Experimental Development (TRL 6-7)
|Medium sized business||
Research organisations in your consortium can share up to 30% of the UK total eligible project costs.
Please contact us for further information on the funding scheme, to discuss a project or how we can support you with an application.
More details and other funding opportunities from Innovate UK can be viewed here.