Next round TBC
Note this is an Expression of Interest. No funding will be awarded at this stage. Successful EOIs will be invited to submit a full stage application for funding.
Projects must support the industrialisation at scale of an electrified automotive supply chain. It must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation of the ATF.
You should be looking to transform the automotive industry through significant business or production expansion. It is expected projects will be centred around a product, process or technology that you have already demonstrated and have confirmed as technically and economically feasible.
Projects must prioritise scale up and focus on one or more of the following:
- batteries including cells (’gigafactories’)
- electric motors and drives
- power electronics
- fuel cells
- upstream supply chain for, batteries including cells, electric motors and drives, power electronics or fuel cells
Find out more at the Automotive Fund website here.
- Subsidy Control and State Aid funding rules apply.
- R&D work must be carried out in the UK and project results exploited from UK.
- To lead a project or work alone your organisation must be a UK-based business of any size.
- Subcontractors, preferably UK based, can be used with costs justified and appropriate to the total eligible project costs.
- Note this is an Expression of Interest. No funding will be awarded at this stage. Successful EOIs will be invited to submit a full stage application for funding.
- Total project costs and project duration must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation of the Automotive Transformation Fund.
- Capital investment only
- Capital and associated R&D activity
How PNO can support you
The UK team has a strong track record in securing some of the most competitive national and European grants on behalf of its clients, with a full understanding of how a project should be presented to stand the highest chance of success. Each year in the UK alone, we are responsible for the submission of more than 100 funding applications across all sectors and priority areas. Based on this extensive experience, through careful project selection and using key insight into how a project should be best positioned, we consistently achieve success rates that are more than 5 times the typical success rates for UK national schemes and EU programmes.