What is CEF?
CEF aims to ensure sustainable and efficient transport in the long-term, to optimise the integration and interconnection of transport modes and enhance the interoperability and safety and security of transport services. The funding programme has been designed around nine transport corridors across Europe, with the expectation that they become forerunners of the core network implementation. The main objective is to help complete the TEN-T Core Network and its Corridors by 2030. The vast majority of CEF funding will be directed at major cross-border projects and projects addressing main bottlenecks on these corridors.
Who is eligible for CEF funding?
Many different organisations can apply for CEF funding in order to build and further develop infrastructure in line with the CEF objectives. Infrastructure is always evolving. The existing network can always be extended and made more sophisticated and sustainable. The CEF programme now allows more diverse topics to be funded, including:
- improving rail, waterway, aviation and road infrastructure
- reducing bottlenecks
- infrastructure for using alternative fuels
- developing port and container connections with the surrounding areas
- investing in multi-modal facilities, such as transport terminals and trans-shipment ports
CEF funding can also be used for developing and implementing transport innovations, including:
- reducing rail noise pollution
- LNG fuel solutions at ports and in ships
- improving the safety systems for all forms of transport, such as ITS, ERTMS and SESAR
Maximise your CEF success with hands-on experience
To increase your grant funding chances, it is helpful to work with a group with CEF and TEN-T grant experience in Europe. PNO Consultants had been specialised in large-scale transport schemes since 2003. If you have a project in mind for CEF funding, please contact one of PNO’s Transport & Infrastructure specialists. We will be able to discuss your project and find the most suitable funding stream and grant application approach best suited to your organisation.