Competition closes: 6 March 2024, 11am
Applicants notified: 10 May 2024
Project start date & duration: between 1 August 2024 and 1 October 2024, 3-6 months
The aim of this competition is to support the growth of untapped innovative businesses and to increase investment in creative talent across the UK. Projects must:
- be from or support the creative industries in the UK
- demonstrate a clearly innovative and ambitious idea which addresses an industry challenge
- be a significant improvement on what is currently on offer in your existing business, with a demonstrable impact to your growth plan
- create a new revenue stream, for example, new products, services or IP
- be market ready within 12 months after project completion
- demonstrate value for money
As part of your application, you must include a short video, up to 2 minutes in length. You must host your video on Vimeo or YouTube. The video must include:
- the problem your innovation will solve
- your solution
- your market
- why you are best placed to solve it
- include any additional information about you, or your team, or your project that will help to strengthen your application
Projects must focus on one or more of the following subsectors; | Advertising and Marketing | Animation | Architecture | Arts and Culture | Crafts | Design | Fashion | Film | TV and Video | Games | Publishing | Music and Radio | Visual Art and Photography |
Proposals that can demonstrate wider benefit to the wider creative industries sector are encouraged, especially those underrepresented in innovation, such as; | Architecture | Crafts | Photography | Publishing | Radio |
- Minimal Financial Assistance (MFA) and De Minimis funding rules apply.
- Project must be led by a UK registered micro or small business (SME).
- You must not have previously received funding from Innovate UK.
- R&D work must be carried out in the UK and project results exploited from UK.
- Subcontractors, preferably UK based, with costs justified and appropriate to the total project costs.
- Total eligible project costs up to £50,000 (£10M pot).
- 100% total eligible project costs can be claimed – total grant request minus £15,000 paid on the return of the signed Grant Offer Letter (GOL). Remaining £15,000 will be paid at the end of the project.
How PNO can support you
The UK team has a strong track record in securing some of the most competitive national and European grants on behalf of its clients, with a full understanding of how a project should be presented to stand the highest chance of success. Each year in the UK alone, we are responsible for the submission of more than 100 funding applications across all sectors and priority areas. Based on this extensive experience, through careful project selection and using key insight into how a project should be best positioned, we consistently achieve success rates that are more than 5 times the typical success rates for UK national schemes and EU programmes.
For further information or to discuss a project idea please contact PNO Consultants: 0161 488 3488 or fill out the contact form below.