Competition closes: 21 December 2022, 11am
Applicants notified: 14 February 2023
Project start date & duration: 01 June 2023 for 12 to 24 months
The aim of this competition is to encourage the development and implementation of innovative digital and automated data collection technologies. This is to measurably increase the speed and resource efficiency of pharmaceutical process development and manufacturing productivity.
Your project must either, demonstrate an improvement in resource efficiency, for example: reduction in waste production, energy consumption or carbon emissions. Or your project must show productivity utilising a recognised metric, for example: process mass intensity or overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) because of the innovation.
Your project must focus on one or more of the following:
- lowering manufacturing costs
- reducing environmental impact of medicines manufacturing
- increasing patient access to products
- increasing yield or productivity
- increasing speed of data processing
- improving efficiency & remove bottlenecks
- supporting process monitoring controls
- supporting data collection and analysis
- combining and use of data and metadata
- gathering and effectively utilising information from across the supply chain
Projects that will not be funded
- large scale manufacturing robotic technologies
- Subsidy Control and EC State Aid funding rules apply
- Project must be led by a UK business, of any size, and collaborators must be UK based organisations
- Work must be carried out in the UK and project results exploited from UK.
- Subcontractors are allowed, preferably UK-based, with appropriate and justified costs.
- Total grant funding between £100,000 and £1,000,000 (£5M pot).
- For Feasibility Studies or Industrial Research you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 70% if you are a micro or small organisation
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- up to 50% if you are a large organisation
- Research organisations in your consortium can share up to 80% of the total eligible project costs.
How PNO can support you
The UK team has a strong track record in securing some of the most competitive national and European grants on behalf of its clients, with a full understanding of how a project should be presented to stand the highest chance of success. Each year in the UK alone, we are responsible for the submission of more than 100 funding applications across all sectors and priority areas. Based on this extensive experience, through careful project selection and using key insight into how a project should be best positioned, we consistently achieve success rates that are more than 5 times the typical success rates for UK national schemes and EU programmes.