UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £1 million to develop innovative proposals with Singapore and other EUREKA participating members.
- Competition closes: 15 October 2020, 11am
- Applicants notified: 28 January 2021
- Project start date & duration: Between 01 April and 30 June 2021; up to 24 months
Open call for collaborative R&D projects that will result in a new product, industrial process or service, be innovative, involve a technological risk, and have high market potential in the participating countries that must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- value for money
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy and/or national productivity
- the benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definitions of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
This will be aligned with the priorities of participating EUREKA members.
Projects that will not be funded
- are in the nuclear or pharmaceutical sector
- have non-civilian applications
- do not include at least one UK registered SME and one Japanese registered business
- do not meet Innovate UK’s eligibility criteria
- do not submit all mandatory documentation
- Projects must be collaborative and include at least 2 businesses that are independent of each other: one business registered in Singapore plus a UK business for Innovate UK funding. Can include businesses from EUREKA members (Austria; Belgium (Flanders); Canada; Estonia; Hungary; Netherlands; Poland; South Africa; South Korea; Spain; Switzerland; Turkey; Ukraine)
- Total eligible UK project costs up to £350,000
- State aid funding rules apply
For total eligible project costs up to £350,000 for each project.
Total grant funding of no more than 50% of total eligible costs, and funding up t0;
- 70% if you are a micro or small organisation
- 60% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- 50% if you are a large organisation
Research organisations in your consortium can share up to 30% of the UK total eligible project costs.
Please contact us for further information on the funding scheme, to discuss a project or how we can support you with an application.
More details and other funding opportunities from Innovate UK can be viewed here.