This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI), Official Development Assistance (ODA) competition funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). The aim of the competition is to develop further research in vaccine technologies, or vaccine platforms to address the 12 diseases identified by the UK Vaccine Network, or Disease X.
Proposals can address any part of the pre-clinical, non-clinical, manufacturing, or clinical pathway, within a 1 year time frame, making technology ready to be progressed further along the developmental pathway. Your proposals must meet ODA requirements for funding.
Applicants should consider:
- ease and speed of manufacture
- ease of use in low to middle income countries (LMIC) settings, for example, needle free and other modes of administration
- temperature stability
- single dose or a low number of boosts
- length of protection
- vaccine platforms that can be rapidly adapted for new or re-emerging diseases.
- vaccines that protect against several strains of a single pathogen, or against several pathogens.
Funding available: Projects can range in size up to total costs of £500,000 inclusive of VAT (from a £10M pot) and up to 12 months duration. This is a procurement competition with 100% funding available.
Deadline: 10 November 2021; 11am
Find out more here.