Are you a strategic thinker by nature? Are you passionate about open innovation and writing? Then we may have the job for you.
Building on the continued growth of the business within the UK, we are looking for a new Grant Writing Consultant to join our experienced team based in Manchester.
Operating across all functions of PNO’s core consultancy business, the role will involve:
- Working with clients to qualify their ideas for alignment to available funding programmes. This will extend across a range of industry sectors including energy, environment, chemical, biotechnology, ICT, health, transport, manufacturing
- Market research analysis, literature, and patent searches to qualify the competitive landscape and true innovation of a particular idea will be undertaken
- Working directly with the client to prepare high quality grant applications. This will include:
- The compilation of information required for the submission through to the writing of the bid
- Covering all aspects of information required by a grantor body: from the analysis of the business and market opportunity available, the advancement beyond current technologies offered, to the innovation, route to market strategy and impact.
Although not a Sales position, the ideal candidate will have the desire to develop their own client base within the UK. This could include attending industry events to promote PNO’s services, through to the development of relationships with multipliers such as Venture Capital companies, tech incubators, IP attorneys and industry networks.
- Degree in a scientific or engineering related degree.
- Previous grant writing experience is a must
- Experience in strategic consultancy or technology transfer
- Excellent communication and proven networking skills in previous positions
- Affinity and preferably experience with commercial and account management skills
- Available to travel within Europe on occasions
Although we hire people with different levels of experience, we all share a common outlook and attitude to the way we work. Candidates must therefore be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Drive and energy and the ability to work effectively under pressure towards deadline
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Client focus and influencing skills
- Adaptability and openness to change
- Desire to learn new skills
- Strong team-worker
- Ambition with a genuine love for what they do
- Interest in technology and innovation
What can we offer?
- A full training programme across all aspects of our business including the allocation of a dedicated mentor who will work directly with the selected candidate
- The unique opportunity to work with a variety of clients from large corporates such as P&G, GE, Unilever etc through to SME’s across all sectors
- A truly varied and interesting role, with the opportunity to learn about cutting edge technology developments long before they are in the public domain
- The opportunity to work in a small team environment that encourages flexibility in thinking, the sharing of knowledge, and the generation of new ideas
- To be involved in innovative projects and to gain experience of working with a range of organisations across different sectors and disciplines
- Flexible working conditions
- Significant career progression with the opportunity for UK wide and International travel
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, we are keen to talk to you! Send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com