Are you a strategic thinker by nature? Are you passionate about open innovation and technologies? Then we may have the job for you.
PNO Consultants is a professional pan-European consulting organization in the field of innovation and funding, with a strong focus on enabling and exploiting European innovation networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations. We offer advice and actively engage in innovation processes enabled by national and European public funding, targeting multiple sectors, from ICT, electronics, aeronautics and transport, to energy, environment, chemistry, biotech and health. We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, their large clients’ portfolio and proprietary Open Innovation instruments (i.e. Innovation Place), to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
Building on the continued growth of the business within the UK, we are looking for a suitable candidate to join our experienced Consultancy team based in Manchester. Operating across all functions of PNO’s core consultancy business, the role will involve:
- Working with clients to qualify their ideas for alignment to available funding programmes. This will extend across a range of industry sectors including energy, environment, chemical, biotechnology, ICT, health, transport, manufacturing and Depending on the background of the successful candidate, they will also have the opportunity to specialize in a particular technology domain if appropriate
- Once an opportunity for funding has been identified, primary research through market analysis and literature and patent searches to qualify the competitive landscape and true innovation of a particular idea will be undertaken
- Working directly with the client to prepare high quality grant applications. This will include the compilation of information required for the submission through to the writing of the bid and covering all aspects of information required by a grantor body from the analysis of the business and market opportunity available, the advancement beyond current technologies offered, the innovation, route to market strategy and impact.
- Once approved, working with the client in the preparation of the grant agreement with the Grantor body
- Although not a Sales position, the ideal candidate will have the desire to develop their own client base within the UK This could include attending industry events to promote PNO’s services through to the development of relationships with multipliers such as Venture Capital companies, tech incubators, IP attorneys and industry networks.
Degree classification in a scientific or engineering related degree. The proven ability to write technical documents whether that be in the form of reports or as part of a dissertation is critical.
Although we hire people with different levels of experience, we all share a common outlook and attitude to the way we work. Candidates must therefore be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- drive and energy and the ability to work effectively under pressure towards deadlines
- strong communication and relationship-building skills
- client focus and influencing skills
- problem-solving ability
- a focus on delivering results
- adaptability and openness to change
- desire to learn new skills
- strong team-worker
- ambition with a genuine love for what they do
- interest in technology and innovation
What can we offer
- A full training programme across all aspects of our business including the allocation of a dedicated mentor who will work directly with the selected candidate
- The unique opportunity to work with a variety of clients from large corporates such as P&G, GE, Unilever etc through to SME’s across all sectors
- A truly varied and interesting role, with the opportunity to learn about cutting edge technology developments long before they are in the public domain
- The opportunity to work in a small team environment that encourages flexibility in thinking, the sharing of knowledge, and the generation of new ideas
- To be involved in innovative projects and to gain experience of working with a range of organisations across different sectors and disciplines
- Flexible working conditions
- Significant career progression with the opportunity for UK wide and International travel
What we expect
- Scientific university degree (scientific focus in combination with business degree is a strong asset)
- Excellent English written and oral skills; experience in a position involving the drawing up of reports/documents
- Experience in strategic consultancy or technology transfer
- Excellent communication and proven networking skills in previous positions
- Affinity and preferably experience with commercial and account management skills
- Available to travel within Europe on occasions
- Attributes: flexible team player, creative, hands-on, entrepreneurial, ambitious, go-getter, professional communicator
- Engage with main actors in the European landscape in the process of open innovation
- Represent PNO’s strategic interests at different (networking) events
- Acquire innovation consultancy assignments with industrial clients and prospects
- Manage and foster relationships with PNO clients
- Develop and execute business development strategies towards strengthening PNO Innovation’s role in the European innovation stakeholder communities
- Execution of innovation consulting assignments
We offer you variety in challenges and excellent prospects with a fast-growing business where your efforts will be appreciated and rewarded. If this sounds interesting to you, we are keen to talk to you. You may send your CV and accompanying mail, letter or video message 😉 to Lyndsey.Starr@pnoconsultants.com.