The German Research Allowance Act in short:
- All basic research, industrial research and experimental development projects can qualify for this type of funding.
- The funding amounts to 25% of
- The labour costs of your involved R&D staff, and
- The costs of outsourced R&D work (60% of those costs are eligible)
This up to € 2,000,000 in total costs, resulting in a maximum Forschungszulage (tax allowance) of € 500,000 per financial year.
- Applications can be submitted later this year (exact date yet to be announced) with retroactive effect from January 1, 2020.
The PNO Group is a specialist in such funding schemes. Based on our extensive R&D tax allowance experience in other EU countries (we file approximately 3.000 R&D tax allowance applications per year for our clients, with a success rate of more than 95%), we consider it highly likely that your R&D projects will also be eligible.
Although applications can only be filed later this year, the retroactive effect makes it important to already act now, and set up a project and your project organization and administration according to the specific requirements so that an optimal tax allowance can be secured later this year.