What is EUREKA Eurostars?
EUREKA Eurostars is a funding programme for market-oriented research and development aimed at the participation of R&D-performing small and medium-sized enterprises. The scheme is open to all technology areas and market fields, but projects must have a civilian purpose. Projects must include at least two partners independent from each other and established in at least two different Eurostars countries and led by an R&D-performing SME from a Eurostars country. The scheme is open for funding applications on a continuous basis, with an average of two application submission deadlines each year.
Who is eligible for EUREKA Eurostars?
In the UK, only SME’s can apply. The other main programme criteria are:
- Consortium leader is an R&D performing SME from a Eurostars country which includes the UK
- Eurostars R&D performing SMEs contribution is 50% or more of the total project cost (subcontracting costs excluded)
- The consortium is well balanced (no single participant or country is responsible for more than 75%).
- The project duration is up to 3 years
- Market introduction is within 2 years of the project’s completion
- Any topic can be considered (with the exception of military projects)
- In the UK, only research-performing SME’s are eligible for funding under Eurostars. Academics/universities and large companies are welcome to participate in a Eurostars project but must fund their own participation or use funds from other sources.
Applying for EUREKA Eurostars
Do you want to apply for EUREKA Eurostars? We can support you in the application development phase. We have a very strong average success rates per call with an average of 30% and above. But we are also able to help you identify potential project partners and with the qualification of your project ideas. Feel free to contact one of our experts.