This competition is aimed at SMEs working on high-quality R&D projects across national borders. EUREKA Eurostars is a commercially focused scheme, encouraging international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised.
- Competition closes: 3rd September 2020, 12pm
- Applicants notified: 01 May 2020
- Project start date & duration: Estimated Feb 2020 for up to 3 years
You can apply for Eurostars funding for any sector or industry. It can address any technological area but must be aimed at the development of a new product, process or service. Your project must have a civilian purpose. It cannot have a military purpose.
A Eurostars project is:
- Collaborative, meaning it must involve at least two participants (legal entities) from two different Eurostars member countries ; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
- Driven by a R&D-performing SME meaning a SME (EU definition) investing 10% or more of their turn-over or their full-time equivalent personal in research and development activities;
- With strong participation of SMEs: At least 50% of the total project costs related to R&D activities shall be carried out by the participating R&D-performing SME(s)
- With well-balanced consortium, meaning that no participant or country will be required to invest more than 75% of the total project costs.
UK Eligibility Criteria:
- Participants in a Eurostars project must be separate legal entities
- Companies must be registered at Companies House and Trading for 12 months at the time of application
- All work must be carried out in the UK
- Project costs must be incurred in the UK
- All eligible labour costs have to be PAYE
- Subcontracting is capped at 20% of the UK partner eligible costs
- UK lead projects must be managed by an SME as per the Eurostars criteria. Project Management cannot be subcontracted
Eurostars projects will be funded primarily through national funding schemes. The amount of funding and costs eligible for funding will follow national rules and procedures. In the UK, only research-performing SME’s are eligible for funding. Academics/universities and large companies are welcome to participate in a Eurostars project, but must fund their own participation or use funds from other sources. Up to 60% of eligible costs will be supported to a maximum grant level of €360,000 per UK partner in a Eurostars project. To check co-financing rules per country, please visit the following link with all necessary information: http://www.eurostars-eureka.eu/.
Applying for EUREKA Eurostars
Do you want to apply for EUREKA Eurostars? We can support you in the application development phase. We have a very strong average success rates per call with an average of 30% and above. But we are also able to help you identify potential project partners and with the qualification of your project ideas. Feel free to contact one of our experts.
More details and other funding opportunities from Innovate UK can be viewed here.