Horizon Europe key facts
- Programme duration: 2021-2027
- Related bodies: Creation of the European Innovation Council
- Budget: 100 billion of euro
- Main programme pillars:
- Open science
- Global Challenges and Industrial Competitiveness
- Open Innovation
- Targeted clusters:
- Inclusive and Secure Society
- Digital and Industry
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food and natural resources
- New approach: simpler regulations and less administrative formalities
- Closer collaboration with other EU programmes, such as the European Defence Fund, Digital Europe programme and Connecting Europe Facility Digital.
Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe
Horizon Europe is a highly anticipated programme. However, the European Commission is adding various improvements that will set the programme ahead of its predecessor. Before its start, the programme has already caused controversy. Learn more about the programme differences in our Horizon Europe infographic.
- Support of the cutting-edge innovation with the creation of a European Innovation Council
- Multiplication of impact through a mission-oriented approach and citizen participation
- More open innovation
- A new approach to partnerships
- Simplification of regulations and reduction of administrative constraints
Discover all the latest Horizon Europe news. If you have questions, or if you need additional information, our consultants are at your disposal to guide you throughout the implementation of this new European funding programme.