Aim of NextNet
NextNet project aims to create a cross-sectoral initiative at European level to increase integration between production and distribution, proposing research and innovation priorities for the future of supply chains.
In particular, the project will, with support from PNO, develop a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA), where the effort of different communities like EFFRA, SPIRE, ALICE and ICT are put together to face important challenges like customization and sustainability.
Main goals of NextNet:
- Creating a European network where most important stakeholders will be involved reaching a critical mass of people from all targeted industries and scientific domains by mean of direct actions along the whole project life;
- Identifying future industrial scenarios for 2030: through the analysis of the socio-economic trends and drivers in the market and their impact on innovation & technology development it will be possible to fix some promising scenarios for the future;
- Developing a strategic research agenda and a joint action plan on broader innovation policy issues of common interest. NEXT-NET will be grounded on the analysis of most important European and national roadmaps status of implementation, on identification of the most promising enabling technologies for the future industrial scenarios to develop the research and innovation priorities, on workshops (focus groups, brainstorming sessions…) with experts and stakeholders.
In this project, PNO supports in:
- Developing the Action Plan
- Defining collaboration mechanisms with stakeholders
- Organizing three national or regional events in major manufacturing and logistics centres across Europe
- Developing Strategic Research Agenda
- Developing of joint strategies in broad community