What is CEF Energy?
CEF Energy, which is part of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), invests in improvements to existing infrastructure and development of new infrastructure for a strong trans-European energy network (TEN-E).
As a financing instrument, CEF Energy contributes to the further integration of the European energy market, improvements to the interoperability of energy networks across borders and sectors, facilitation of the low-carbon economy, and ensuring energy security.
For the entire period (2021 to 2027), CEF Energy has a budget of 5.84 billion euros to support European projects.
CEF Energy themes
- Smart energy networks
- Integration of renewable energy into the energy network
- Cross-border electricity networks
- Cross-border CO2 transport and storage networks
- Government (national, provinces, municipalities)
- Studies (including exploratory studies, feasibility studies, evaluation, testing and validation studies, site surveys)
- Implementation projects (including procurement, supply and implementation of components, systems and services, development, construction and installation works, delivery of installations)
The grant covers up to 50 to 75% of the eligible project costs (depending on the project objective).
How can we help you?
If you have ideas for a project that is a match for one of the CEF Energy themes, please tell us about them. We have already handled several successful CEF Energy grant applications and would be happy to help you too! Call +31 (0)88 838 13 81 or send us a message: