What is CEF Transport?
CEF Transport, which is part of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), is a financing instrument that supports the improvement and strengthening of the Trans-European Network for Transport (TEN-T).
By means of CEF Transport, the European Commission is building the core and comprehensive transport networks for goods and passengers in Europe. It is intended to connect all of the major hubs, transshipment terminals, ports, airports and cities. There is an increased focus on sustainable, safe and smart transport of goods and passengers.
From 2021 to 2027, CEF Transport has more than 25.8 billion euros available to support European projects.
CEF Transport themes
- Providing solutions for missing links in the transport network
- Removing existing infrastructural bottlenecks
- Improving the connections between the railroad networks and transport services of member countries
- Improving cross-border infrastructure
- Improving the sustainability and efficiency of transport systems
- Making the switch to innovative, low-carbon, energy-efficient transport technologies
- Government (national, provinces, municipalities)
- Enterprises (port authorities, industrial, logistics and service-providing companies)
- Studies or study projects with pilot activities: up to 50% of project costs
- Implementation projects: up to 30 to 50% of project costs
- Implementation projects for military mobility (dual use): up to 50% of project costs
Specifically: CEF Transport AFIF
The Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Facility (AFIF), part of CEF Transport, focuses specifically on innovation and improvements in the European alternative fuels infrastructure. AFIF’s rolling call for proposals will remain in force until 2023, as long as budget remains available.
How can we help you?
If you have ideas for a project that is a match for one of the CEF Transport themes, please tell us about them. We have already handled several successful CEF Transport grant applications and would be happy to help you too! Call +31 (0)88 838 13 81 or send us a message: