What is CEF Transport AFIF?
The Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Facility (AFIF), part of CEF Transport, is an ongoing financing instrument to support innovation and improvements in the European alternative fuels infrastructure.
1.575 billion euros of CEF Transport’s budget is earmarked for AFIF.
AFIF’s rolling call for proposals will remain in force until 2023, as long as budget remains available. There is a cut-off date every four to five months.
CEF Transport AFIF themes
- Roll-out of fast chargers for electricity
- Roll-out of hydrogen filling infrastructure on the TEN-T road network, preferably for heavy long-distance transport
- Roll-out of hydrogen and electric charging points for public transport and heavy transport in urban hubs
- Roll-out of shore power in ports, inland harbours and airports
- LNG bunkering for TEN-T seaports and inland harbours
- Government (national, provinces, municipalities)
- Enterprises (port authorities, industrial, logistics and service-providing companies)
The grant amounts are as follows:
- Implementation projects: up to 30-50% of project costs, or a fixed amount per unit (e.g. per charging point)
Shipping vessels may also be eligible for a grant for shortsea and inland shipping in certain situations and to a limited extent.
How can we help you?
If you have ideas for a project that is a match for one of the AFIF themes, please tell us about them. We have already handled several successful AFIF grant applications and we’d be delighted to help you too! Call +31 (0)88 838 13 81 or send us a message: