For DSM Nutritional Products we carried out White Space Identification: the identification of relevant potential new open innovation partners and organisations that could offer new or future market potential in the domain of nutritional products.
The steps that we took
It is quite incredible how many new insights intelligent research and analysis of big data can offer, even to parties that have long been active in their own markets and fields of operation. Some of the steps we did for DSM Nutrional Products:
- fine tuning and iteratively optimizing the scope of the market analysis
- explorating and analysing relevant enterprises and knowledge institutions that undertake R&D activities in the field of interest including the identification of their R&D focus and projects
- combining our knowledge of the market and actors with Wheesbee, our innovative search tool providing all the relevant information needed for research and technological innovation processes
- identifying and analysing 371 European R&D projects and selecting 104 clinical and pre-clinical candidates
- executing a deep-network analysis to map unique intervention – indication combinations and developing an R&D-heatmap identifying R&D hotspots in Europe.
We are proud of the interactive and searchable stakeholder tool with state of the art R&D projects and candidate-partners for open innovation partners. Together with the detailed SME candidate profiles, funding opportunities scan and timelines, our goal was to provide DSM with tools and inputs for even more effective innovation-related decisions. As Marcel Moonen, MDM DSM, explains in this client testimonial →